- as of Dec 2023
The league is engaged in ongoing communication with the City of Edmonton, Edmonton Public Schools and the Province of Alberta regarding the school site and timelines.
What we know
- Scheduled opening for fall 2027
- Funding for a playground attached to the school has been allocated by the province
- Services are being brought to the school site land right now
- Design planning will occur in the Spring of 2024
- The opportunity for public engagement around the school site lands will occur in early 2024. This includes a discussion about sports fields and outdoor amenities.
The 2023 budget was announced and funding for an Edgemont K-9 school was approved!
Our School Advocacy Committee looks forward to further collaboration with EPSB and the province (Alberta Ed) as we move through the next steps in getting this school built!
As we continue our happy dance that Edgemont School K-9 was chosen as 1 of 13 sites across the province to receive funding for a full build, we want to make sure we thank a few important people who helped make this happen:
1. Our School Advocacy Committee, comprised of residents and Community League Directors, who volunteered their time and effort to get this dire community need recognized by the province, and who will continue their work throughout the design and build process.
2. EPSB School Board Trustees Dawn Hancock and Nathan Ip, who collaborated with us at every step and provided such valuable insight into the process of getting a school going. Edgemont wouldn’t have been in the running for funding if they didn’t work to move us up from #4 to #2 on the capital plan.
3. Former MLA Kaycee Madu, who met with us in the summer to ensure we would have the best chances of getting our school included in the next budget. He advocated for us as our elected representative and a member of Cabinet.
We will update social media and the website as we receive information.
Check out page 3 of the Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan to see the designated school site
Looking for your designated school?
To find your designated school, which is determined by your specific address, use the Edmonton Public School Board or Edmonton Catholic School District sites below.
There are no designated schools in Edgemont's community borders nor within our neighbouring community of the Hamptons.
Red apple icons show the designated schools
Map pins show the designated schools